You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have paid for extra storage. The money has been taken out of my account but the added storage is not on my phone! What do I have to do to get my added storage?

I have paid for extra storage. The money has been taken out of my account but I don’t have access to take pictures or do puzzles because it’s say my storage is full. What do I need to do to either have my money put back in my account or get the upgraded storage?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 6, 2021 12:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2021 12:30 PM

You are confused about what iCloud Storage is. It is in the cloud for syncing more data to the cloud. It does NOT, nor can it increase the amount of memory on your phone. There is in fact no way to increase the memory on iPhone. It was fixed at purchase, so if you bought a 16GB iPhone, it will be a 16GB iPhone always.

Read this link about the difference between iCloud Storage and Physical Storage on iPhone --> What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

If you are out of space on your phone, you need to delete things you don't need or use to free up space, which can include Apps, Photos, Music, Videos, Messages, Email, Files etc. Or perhaps it's time to consider upgrading to a newer more modern iPhone with more memory.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 6, 2021 12:30 PM in response to cloris145

You are confused about what iCloud Storage is. It is in the cloud for syncing more data to the cloud. It does NOT, nor can it increase the amount of memory on your phone. There is in fact no way to increase the memory on iPhone. It was fixed at purchase, so if you bought a 16GB iPhone, it will be a 16GB iPhone always.

Read this link about the difference between iCloud Storage and Physical Storage on iPhone --> What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

If you are out of space on your phone, you need to delete things you don't need or use to free up space, which can include Apps, Photos, Music, Videos, Messages, Email, Files etc. Or perhaps it's time to consider upgrading to a newer more modern iPhone with more memory.

Jul 6, 2021 12:40 PM in response to cloris145

What you have bought is cloud storage. It doesn't increase local (on phone capacity)storage

To get the best out of it you should also subscribe to streaming music services such as Apple Music or even Spotify remove any locally downloaded music files

Set up photos to sync over the air to a PC/Mac and upload to the cloud space again to reduce local space.

Save any document files to the cloud and off the phone

And most importantly if you are heavy gamer you may need to manage how many games you have on the phone at any time (The files that contain your user data in game can eat your local fixed storage very quickly.

I have paid for extra storage. The money has been taken out of my account but the added storage is not on my phone! What do I have to do to get my added storage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.