You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you solve the two-factor identification problem if you lose your iPhone

and are trying to sign in to icloud to search for it?

Posted on Jul 4, 2021 5:43 PM

4 replies

Jul 4, 2021 5:55 PM in response to FreddyS

FreddyS Said:

"How do you solve the two-factor identification problem if you lose your iPhone: and are trying to sign in to icloud to search for it?"

-------

Use Another Device:

Have another device? If so, contact Apple Support, and have them assist you with setting it up on that device.

Apple Support Contact Info:

Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Jul 5, 2021 7:10 AM in response to FreddyS

FreddyS wrote:

That is really helpful to know that it won't prompt for 2FA at that address. Interesting that googling this question doesn't get that answer. Hopefully I can remember that address if I ever need it.

Why not make it a bookmark?

Google is not a good source for any technical support, as the signal to noise ratio is poor, unless you narrow the search by specifying the site to search. How to do that in Google (or any search engine), prepend the site you want to search. For example:

"site:discussions.apple.com how to use find my"

How do you solve the two-factor identification problem if you lose your iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.