You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spyware

I have an iPhone 7 with latest iOS. Sometimes today after search for fireworks near me, I noticed I start to get notifications from calendar that my iPhone might have virus and to resolve it is to click on the notification. I clear all those notification but more keep coming. Is my iPhone compromised and how to stop those notifications all together?

iPhone 7, 13

Posted on Jul 4, 2021 4:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2021 4:32 PM

If running iOS 13 or earlier versions, check: Settings - Passwords & Accounts - Accounts - Any rogue entries here? If so, delete the rogue account. 

If running iOS 14, check: Settings - Calendar - Accounts - Any rogue entries here? If so, delete the rogue account. 

The Apple support article is below. 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211076

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 4, 2021 4:32 PM in response to pham959

If running iOS 13 or earlier versions, check: Settings - Passwords & Accounts - Accounts - Any rogue entries here? If so, delete the rogue account. 

If running iOS 14, check: Settings - Calendar - Accounts - Any rogue entries here? If so, delete the rogue account. 

The Apple support article is below. 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211076

Jul 4, 2021 4:38 PM in response to pham959

There’s no malware here, just a far mire mundane subscribed calendar filled with spam. Some website likely offered notifications, and that via a subscribed calendar, and the subscribed calendar spam-filled. Remoce the subscribed calendar.

Tap or click on the following blue-text link, and see all about how to Delete spam calendars and events on iPhone - Apple Support (but because you’re still apparently on iOS 13, you’ll need to use the Settings > Passwords & Accounts > Accounts path to find and remove the subscribed calendar.

I’d also update to iOS 14 if you’re concerned about security, as your footer here indicates iOS 13.

There’s no spyware to remove, no compromise of security, no further steps needed, just the removal of a subscribed calendar filled with advertising.

And as it’s very common, here are some of the many sorts of scams > Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support. These scams are far more common than actual malware, which is still quite rare for iPhone and iPad.

Spyware

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.