You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add phone number to imessage from computer

I signed out of my icloud and now can't text from my computer with it being from me phone number (only from emails/icloud username). How do I add my number back?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 1, 2021 8:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2021 12:02 AM

Open system preferences , click on Apple ID icon .

Click on overview in the side bar and click on sign out .

Click on keep a copy .

Enter the Apple ID and password and click on continue .

The Apple ID is completely removed .

And again you open system preferences > iCloud the Apple ID icon doesn’t not exist , click on sign in .

It will prompt to enter Apple ID , click on next and password , again click on next , a red notification will appear over the system preferences , and the icon starts bouncing .

Enter the admin password and click on ok .

It will prompt to enter Apple ID , click on next and password , again click on next , a red notification will appear over the system preferences , and the icon starts bouncing .

Again enter the admin password and click on ok .

A small circle will be rotating in front of Apple ID field .

It will prompt to merge contacts , calendars …click on merge .

Click on allow .

In front of iCloud Drive - options check the box of desktops and documents a small circle will rotate , setting up and finally the box will get checked .

The box of keychain is unchecked , tap the box it will be semi greyed for a short while but get checked completely in few moments .

See the article Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 2, 2021 12:02 AM in response to djburns318

Open system preferences , click on Apple ID icon .

Click on overview in the side bar and click on sign out .

Click on keep a copy .

Enter the Apple ID and password and click on continue .

The Apple ID is completely removed .

And again you open system preferences > iCloud the Apple ID icon doesn’t not exist , click on sign in .

Enter the admin password and click on ok .

Again enter the admin password and click on ok .

A small circle will be rotating in front of Apple ID field .

It will prompt to merge contacts , calendars …click on merge .

Click on allow .

In front of iCloud Drive - options check the box of desktops and documents a small circle will rotate , setting up and finally the box will get checked .

The box of keychain is unchecked , tap the box it will be semi greyed for a short while but get checked completely in few moments .

See the article Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support

Add phone number to imessage from computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.