You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS Catalina Update - No longer able to connect to NAS with mobile accounts

I had an end user update his MBP and now they are no longer able to connect to our NAS with their mobile account. I've tried a few things that I thought may work, but so far haven't found anything. Does anyone else know how to fix this? This all worked before the update was installed.

Things that I've tried

• Reboot
  • Unbind from domain
  • Add a new mobile account
  • Remove their password from keychain
  • Create /etc/nsmb.conf file that contains [default] on the first line and port445=both on the second line
  • I can ping the NAS
  • Create a local account (local accounts seem to be able to map to the NAS)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Thanks

Posted on Jul 1, 2021 5:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2021 5:06 AM

Carmelita112,

My issue was with a computer that had MacOS version 10.14 (Mojave). I then upgraded to 10.15 (Catalina) which solved my issue of mobile users not being able to mount network drives. This can be done by going to https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211683 and towards the bottom under "Download macOS using Safari on your Mac", select the version you would like to upgrade to. In my case I picked "macOS Catalina 10.15".

-Thanks

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 6, 2021 5:06 AM in response to carmelita112

Carmelita112,

My issue was with a computer that had MacOS version 10.14 (Mojave). I then upgraded to 10.15 (Catalina) which solved my issue of mobile users not being able to mount network drives. This can be done by going to https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211683 and towards the bottom under "Download macOS using Safari on your Mac", select the version you would like to upgrade to. In my case I picked "macOS Catalina 10.15".

-Thanks

MacOS Catalina Update - No longer able to connect to NAS with mobile accounts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.