You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rosetta 2 installation on M1 Mac

Norton 360 is an app that was developed for Intel but when I check Get Info there is not a choice to open it using Rosetta 2. How do I install Rosetta 2 if an app doesn't provide the dialog box to install Rosetta 2?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jun 27, 2021 3:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2021 4:18 PM

Yes, I know it should prompt me to install Rosetta 2 when I try to open the app. The problem is that it was not prompting me. Instead I received an error message that said "there was a problem" with no suggestion for how to fix it.

I was able to find a solution though: I opened another app that requires Rosetta 2 and I was prompted to install Rosetta 2. Problem solved!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 27, 2021 4:18 PM in response to esterbond

Yes, I know it should prompt me to install Rosetta 2 when I try to open the app. The problem is that it was not prompting me. Instead I received an error message that said "there was a problem" with no suggestion for how to fix it.

I was able to find a solution though: I opened another app that requires Rosetta 2 and I was prompted to install Rosetta 2. Problem solved!

Jun 27, 2021 4:51 PM in response to GeneLand

GeneLand:

Most anyone can try more than one application, to test the idea; if an error

or damages to the first case, is resolvable through a second or third attempt.

• If you need to install Rosetta on your Mac - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211861

• About the Rosetta(2) Translation Environment | Apple Developer Documenation

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/apple-silicon/about-the-rosetta-translation-environment

The transition this utility enables is said to be temporary until software makers

bring their own wares up to speed ~ which would self-resolve this matter easily.

Rosetta 2 installation on M1 Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.