You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printer and office no longer work since down loading BigSur

My Office: mac now, since the BIG SUR download wont allow access. My Cannon printer wont work.

Do I have to pay for OFFICE and buy a printer clover again. A systems upgrade cost me a new computer last time. From now on NO UPGRADES. So much for Apple being superior.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 4:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2021 4:25 AM

not sure what you upgraded from but if it's ms office 2011 then it haven't worked since catalina, because it's a 32bit app and those can no longer run and ms will not fix it because they no longer support 2011

about your printer then in order for a printer to work it needs a driver which the printer manufacturer makes, if canon have chosen not to support your printer model for newer versions of macOS there is nothing apple can do really.

if you google

<canon printer model> mac driver

then you will likely find the drivers they have for that model on their support pages

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 24, 2021 4:25 AM in response to Iceman17

not sure what you upgraded from but if it's ms office 2011 then it haven't worked since catalina, because it's a 32bit app and those can no longer run and ms will not fix it because they no longer support 2011

about your printer then in order for a printer to work it needs a driver which the printer manufacturer makes, if canon have chosen not to support your printer model for newer versions of macOS there is nothing apple can do really.

if you google

<canon printer model> mac driver

then you will likely find the drivers they have for that model on their support pages

Jun 24, 2021 10:08 AM in response to Iceman17

In addition to the comments posted above, please consider this. Not upgrading eventually means that your operating system will no longer work with other newer apps. You will eventually have an OS that is no longer supported. You will be unable to benefit from newly released security enhancements. Rather, it is better to do updates and upgrades, but take the time to research the results of doing those upgrades so you won't be caught off guard. And you would have had the same issues with a PC since the industry has moved from 32 bit to 64 bit operations.

Printer and office no longer work since down loading BigSur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.