You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two iPhones with the same access to emails, photos etc.

I purchased a new iPhone 12 Mini, so my wife wanted my old iPhone SE5 1st Gen, I took the Sim Card from her Samsung and placed it into the iPhone SE and went about setting her up with a new email account so she could use emails etc.

I have now found that her email address has taken over all my apple devices, and I can't resolve this issue, bear in mind I do not use iCloud. I have spent hours trying to get this corrected but to no avail, I now have iMac, Workbook Pro, two iPads, two iPhones and an iPod all using my wife's email address. please help, the sledge hammer may be the only alternative!!

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 14

Posted on Jun 12, 2021 1:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2021 1:47 PM

If you changed the email address associated with the Apple ID to hers, then yes, all devices using that Apple ID would now be using that email address.

You should have restored the iPhone to factory condition, and set it up again. During setup a new Apple ID can be created for her to use, using her email. Now that you associated her email address to your Apple ID, you will have to go back and change the apple Id back to you email, and then create a new Apple ID for her. You won’t be bable to use her email now, as its been associated with your Apple ID, so you will need to get another email address to use for her Apple ID.

See here: link-> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 12, 2021 1:47 PM in response to DaiBoz

If you changed the email address associated with the Apple ID to hers, then yes, all devices using that Apple ID would now be using that email address.

You should have restored the iPhone to factory condition, and set it up again. During setup a new Apple ID can be created for her to use, using her email. Now that you associated her email address to your Apple ID, you will have to go back and change the apple Id back to you email, and then create a new Apple ID for her. You won’t be bable to use her email now, as its been associated with your Apple ID, so you will need to get another email address to use for her Apple ID.

See here: link-> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Jun 13, 2021 3:27 AM in response to Phil0124

Thanks Phil,

When I try to change the email address on the other devices, it won't recognise my email, telling me that my email is in use? I can delete her phone number on my devices but can't change her email address back to mine? If I reset my wife's phone back to factory settings will it delete the data (emails, docs, photos etc) from my other devices or is there a way of stopping that from happening? I will delete her current email and set her up with a new one, but I don't want to loose all my data and files on the other devices if I reset to factory settings?

Jun 14, 2021 10:05 AM in response to DaiBoz

Since you changed the email address used for the Apple ID, your email address is no longer usable.

The email address you use becomes associated with the Apple ID, which is why I said you needed to use a different one for your wife above. Same applies to yours. now that its been used it cannot unfortunately be used again for a while. There is no exact time frame for it. Bur most say around 1 year before you can use it again.

Basically what you will need to do, is change the Apple ID to an email address that has not been used with the Apple ID before now

Then create a new Apple ID for your wife again with an email address that has not been used with an Apple ID before.

Right now, both email addresses are no longer usable with an Apple ID.

Two iPhones with the same access to emails, photos etc.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.