You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages and FaceTime not working on new MacBook Pro

I have a Mac Pro, after logging into messenge, 10 second later messages shuts down(window closes)

Facetime won’t login either, never starts

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 3:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 5:56 PM

You need to use your Apple ID email when using certain Apple apps as they are associated with it. Microsoft has nothing to do with it. And, reinstalling the OS is not necessary.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201356

6 replies

Jun 11, 2021 4:30 PM in response to sbmemphis

sbmemphis Said:

"I have a new: I have a Mac Pro, after logging into messenge, 10 second later messages shuts down(window closes)

Facetime won’t login either, never starts [...]I did…I think. Couldn’t tell if it did anything "

-------

Reinstall the macOS:

Nothing would be deleted. It's just that items that have become corrupted or deleted, would be replaced or reinstalled back to where they should be. Go Here: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support. Important: Be certain to create a backup of your Mac prior to all of this. That way, you can have something to restore from the Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall.

Jun 11, 2021 5:51 PM in response to sbmemphis

sbmemphis Said:

"I have a new: I just entered a different email into Mac, and it’s working. is there a problem using a Outlook.com email with Messages and FaceTime?

———-

Perform a Chat Session with Microsoft:

Chat with Microsoft about this. Perhaps it is a bug - something they have a fix for. So, Go Here: Contact Us - Virtual Agent - Microsoft Support

Messages and FaceTime not working on new MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.