You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud webmail glitch (?)...

Hi All –

Sometimes when I want to reply to an email via iCloud webmail, a window comes up repeating the original email and covering the Safari email screen. And it then forces me to reply via regular Apple Mail (which I DO NOT WANT TO DO!). It’s really a pain switching back and forth…

I do not want to use email 'chains' - just simply reply as needed… And I only want to use the iCloud webmail. I just like the way it works MUCH more than Mail.

This does not happen all the time only sometimes - guessing maybe 30 to 40% of the time when I reply to email (in iCloud webmail).

Has anyone else had this problem?

Has anyone found a fix?

Thanx. Bill T

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 11, 2021 12:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2021 3:26 AM

When you compose a mail from iCloud mail the compose window size can be reduced , just take cursor on any corner and move three fingers on the trackpad and move diagonally inside , the other mail suggestions can be removed see the articles Remove email address suggestions in Mail on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Most probably your contact is duplicated in address book of Mac delete that duplicate contact .

The list may also include email addresses from iCloud Contacts. To remove one of these, you must delete the contact.

Remove obsolete email addresses in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

You have option of deleting that email account from internet accounts say example1@gmail.com Change Internet Accounts preferences on Mac - Apple Support

But removing the duplicate contact or obsolete mail address will resolve , don't delete any mail account configured with web mail account .

Note : when you compose a mail from iCloud.com click on plus sign the list of address will be displayed .

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 12, 2021 3:26 AM in response to capewrt

When you compose a mail from iCloud mail the compose window size can be reduced , just take cursor on any corner and move three fingers on the trackpad and move diagonally inside , the other mail suggestions can be removed see the articles Remove email address suggestions in Mail on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Most probably your contact is duplicated in address book of Mac delete that duplicate contact .

The list may also include email addresses from iCloud Contacts. To remove one of these, you must delete the contact.

Remove obsolete email addresses in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

You have option of deleting that email account from internet accounts say example1@gmail.com Change Internet Accounts preferences on Mac - Apple Support

But removing the duplicate contact or obsolete mail address will resolve , don't delete any mail account configured with web mail account .

Note : when you compose a mail from iCloud.com click on plus sign the list of address will be displayed .

iCloud webmail glitch (?)...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.