You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am receiving a bill for ICloud storage? Help me to understand what this is and what is it for?

What am I being billed for exactly? What is this $2.99 for?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 12:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 1:25 PM

You automatically get 5GB of free iCloud storage.

It is possible to upgrade that storage to 50GB, 200GB or 2TB. The 200GB plan is $2.99 in the U.S. The upgrade doesn't happen automatically. If you want to downgrade back to the free level, see: Downgrade or cancel your iCloud storage plan - Apple Support

If you want to know how much storage you are currently using, see: Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

For information on the difference between storage on your device and iCloud storage, see: What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 10, 2021 1:25 PM in response to cmarkrees

You automatically get 5GB of free iCloud storage.

It is possible to upgrade that storage to 50GB, 200GB or 2TB. The 200GB plan is $2.99 in the U.S. The upgrade doesn't happen automatically. If you want to downgrade back to the free level, see: Downgrade or cancel your iCloud storage plan - Apple Support

If you want to know how much storage you are currently using, see: Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

For information on the difference between storage on your device and iCloud storage, see: What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage? - Apple Support

I am receiving a bill for ICloud storage? Help me to understand what this is and what is it for?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.