You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

who can analyze a crash report for me

My Mac keeps crashing. Freezes up. Ball of death and then mouse moves but nothing happens.

It also crashes on its own when in sleep move. PowerPoint and Zoom seem to crash it.

I used to run ok. Now it affects my work really badly.

Who can help me?

Here is a crash report.

Thanks and Karma points in advance.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 11:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2021 12:16 PM

panic(cpu 2 caller 0xffffff7f8fb4dad5): userspace watchdog timeout: no successful checkins from com.apple.WindowServer in 120 seconds
service: com.apple.WindowServer, total successful checkins since load (27930 seconds ago): 2781, last successful checkin: 120 seconds ago

Something prevented the macOS WindowServer from getting back to the WatchDog timer and resetting it within a 120 second interval.

Unfortunately the WatchDog timout panics do not tell you anything else. You do now know what prevented WindowServer from getting to the code that resets the WatchDog timer, only that it did not reset it in 120 seconds.

Sometimes 3rd party kernel extensions can cause interference. You do have Soundflower installed, but I do not know why code related to sound would interfere with the WindowServer.

com.Cycling74.driver.Soundflower	2

But if you do not need Soundflower, you might consider uninstalling it.

If you have external devices plugged into your iMac, consider disconnecting them. If you have a USB keyboard or mouse, you might consider swapping them out for a different USB keyboard or mouse (AS AN Experiment), to see if any of the external devices are causing bus interference.

If you have any 3rd party anti-virus, firewalls (such as LittleSnitch, or a firewall as part of an anti-virus package), or memory cleaners, or other apps that claim to improve your Mac's performance, consider uninstalling them (at least as an experiment; but generally they are not that good an idea; except maybe LittleSnitch, but still uninstall it until you know it is innocent).

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 10, 2021 12:16 PM in response to thorsten_marketing

panic(cpu 2 caller 0xffffff7f8fb4dad5): userspace watchdog timeout: no successful checkins from com.apple.WindowServer in 120 seconds
service: com.apple.WindowServer, total successful checkins since load (27930 seconds ago): 2781, last successful checkin: 120 seconds ago

Something prevented the macOS WindowServer from getting back to the WatchDog timer and resetting it within a 120 second interval.

Unfortunately the WatchDog timout panics do not tell you anything else. You do now know what prevented WindowServer from getting to the code that resets the WatchDog timer, only that it did not reset it in 120 seconds.

Sometimes 3rd party kernel extensions can cause interference. You do have Soundflower installed, but I do not know why code related to sound would interfere with the WindowServer.

com.Cycling74.driver.Soundflower	2

But if you do not need Soundflower, you might consider uninstalling it.

If you have external devices plugged into your iMac, consider disconnecting them. If you have a USB keyboard or mouse, you might consider swapping them out for a different USB keyboard or mouse (AS AN Experiment), to see if any of the external devices are causing bus interference.

If you have any 3rd party anti-virus, firewalls (such as LittleSnitch, or a firewall as part of an anti-virus package), or memory cleaners, or other apps that claim to improve your Mac's performance, consider uninstalling them (at least as an experiment; but generally they are not that good an idea; except maybe LittleSnitch, but still uninstall it until you know it is innocent).

who can analyze a crash report for me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.