You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'Call blocking and identification' missing [iPhone 12 Pro Max & iOS 14.6]

Not to be confused with "Silence Unknown Callers".

The option "Call blocking and identification" Under Settings/Phone has disappeared.

I have a need to accept calls from unknown numbers so I can't go to "Silence Unknown Callers" but the option for "Call blocking and identification" has gone missing from my menus.

I have "Hiya" installed and it was working until recently - I don't have a date but the rollout of 14.6 is suspiciously linked in my mind.

Hiya is unable to open the "Call blocking and identification" menu.

I have tried turning it off and on again.

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 10:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2021 4:55 PM

As identified in my original post I have Hiya installed - and supposedly active - but the

'Call blocking and identification' option was hiding.

I deleted and reinstalled Hiya and CB&I is back.

Apple does work in mysterious ways.

Similar questions

2 replies

Jun 9, 2021 4:41 PM in response to Chipili

Hi Chipili,

We understand you don't have a Call Blocking & Identification option in Settings > Phone. We're happy to offer some guidance.

The Call Blocking & Identification will only show up if you have 3rd party apps installed that detect and block spam phone calls. You can find more on call blocking and filtering here: Detect and block spam phone calls

We'd recommend going into the App Store, search for something like "Call Blocking" and download some of those apps to get the Call Blocking & Identification option to show.

We hope this helps. Take care!

'Call blocking and identification' missing [iPhone 12 Pro Max & iOS 14.6]

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.