You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot add Gmail on my Mail app

I’m not being able to add my Google account on the Mail app. It gives me an error connect to the internet even though my device is connected internet. It allows me to sign in any other account but gmail. Need help fixing the issue.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on May 31, 2021 9:08 AM

3 replies

Jun 5, 2021 7:31 AM in response to Thevirtualme

Hello Thevirtualme.

When attempt to add any other email account there is no error but this error appears when attempting to add your Google email account?

There are a number of things we'd like to test in order to isolate the issue:

1. Restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone
  2. Attempt to add your Google email account while connected to a different Wi-Fi network.
  3. Attempt to sign in to your Google email account from Safari on your iPhone.
  4. If possible, test with a different Google email account.

Let us know the results of these tests and we'll determine the best way to proceed.

Cheers.

Jun 1, 2021 8:59 AM in response to Thevirtualme

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Thevirtualme.

If we understand your post correctly, you're trying to add your Gmail account to your iPhone. We’d like to help.

Follow the steps in this article:

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let us know if that resolves this issue for you.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Cannot add Gmail on my Mail app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.