You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't see or access bootcamp but still takes up 500 GB OF SPACEHey, I'm using a 16 inch MacBook Pro and recently boot camped it. When increasing the size of the bootcamp partition, it left me stuck in Windows. I booted into recovery mode and erased t

Hey, I'm using a 16 inch MacBook Pro and recently boot camped it. When increasing the size of the bootcamp partition, it left me stuck in Windows. I booted into recovery mode and erased the ssd and reinstalled Mac on it, but now my 1TB SSD shows up as having a capacity of just 500GB, the rest is taken up by bootcamp but I cannot see it or access it.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me out here, this is extremely confusing and frustrating.

Here's a picture of what my disk utility looks like and what happens if I type 'diskutil list' in the terminal, PLEASE let me know if there's any other pictures I can provide, I'd really like to get this fixed asap.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on May 28, 2021 3:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 28, 2021 10:38 AM

The model number of the SSD shown is "AP0512N" which indicates you have a 500GB SSD which is confirmed by Disk Utility.

Similar questions

1 reply

Can't see or access bootcamp but still takes up 500 GB OF SPACEHey, I'm using a 16 inch MacBook Pro and recently boot camped it. When increasing the size of the bootcamp partition, it left me stuck in Windows. I booted into recovery mode and erased t

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.