You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted my old phone from my iCloud account, reset the phone, then found out the phone wasn’t unlocked. How do I find out my IMEI?

I put in the new sim before I reset the phone and it was working so I thought the phone was already unlocked but I found out it wasn’t when I tried to set up the phone. I need to find out my IMEI number so I can unlock the phone but I can’t get into the old phone. Could I take it back to at&t where I got it and have them unlock it in the store since I financed it with them and had it on my plan? Or is there something I could do myself?

iPhone XR

Posted on May 27, 2021 4:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 28, 2021 3:29 PM

mxxxw, thanks for reaching out. We can help.

If you're trying to locate serial numbers of previous equipment on your cellular account, your best option would be to contact your carrier as they should have record of devices associated with your account, or at the very least be able to reprint a receipt showing the information.

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 28, 2021 3:29 PM in response to mxxxw

mxxxw, thanks for reaching out. We can help.

If you're trying to locate serial numbers of previous equipment on your cellular account, your best option would be to contact your carrier as they should have record of devices associated with your account, or at the very least be able to reprint a receipt showing the information.

Take care!

Deleted my old phone from my iCloud account, reset the phone, then found out the phone wasn’t unlocked. How do I find out my IMEI?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.