You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 Pro Max LAG

Everything I do from typing to using any apps has been fraught with massive lag. I have followed all the standard steps to remedy this from network reset all the way to factory reset. This is rediculous to deal with and all started after iOS 14. My phone is barely usable at this point. Anyone get a response from Apple or found any solutions?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on May 20, 2021 6:10 PM

1 reply

May 21, 2021 2:36 PM in response to Shivalt

Hey there, Shivalt!

Thanks so much for using Apple Support Communities.

Being able to use your iPhone without any frustrating lag is definitely important. Let's see if we can figure out what might be causing this.

To start, you mentioned that you're running iOS 14 but are you fully up to date on iOS 14.5.1? If not, here's how you can update: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Once you're up to date, test the device for around 24 hours and see if you notice an improvement. It can take some time after updating for the phone to get back to the best performance possible which is why we recommending testing for some time.

If you are already up to date, however, then we'd recommend focusing on your storage and making sure that you have plenty of space. If your device is low on storage, it may explain the slow performance. Here is a link with more info: How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Good luck!

iPhone 11 Pro Max LAG

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.