You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am not receiving all text messages sent to my new iphone from Androids. Some are going to my old Samsung over wifi - there is no SIM card in the phone. What should I do?

I am not receiving all text messages sent to my new iphone from Androids. Some are going to my old Samsung over wifi - there is no SIM card in the phone. What should I do?

Posted on May 19, 2021 2:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 20, 2021 9:45 AM

You are able to send messages between iphones using iMessage which goes via wifi/email route.

Any texts involving androids need a SIM.

Your Android getting texts without a SIM I really do not understand unless it has your AppleID email on there as a mail account and picking up iMessages ftom another iphone. However that is in the twilight zone.

Best way out of this mess is put a SIM at least in the iphone. It must have had a SIM or eSIM st one time to activate it with your AppleID.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 20, 2021 9:45 AM in response to greta30

You are able to send messages between iphones using iMessage which goes via wifi/email route.

Any texts involving androids need a SIM.

Your Android getting texts without a SIM I really do not understand unless it has your AppleID email on there as a mail account and picking up iMessages ftom another iphone. However that is in the twilight zone.

Best way out of this mess is put a SIM at least in the iphone. It must have had a SIM or eSIM st one time to activate it with your AppleID.

May 19, 2021 2:21 PM in response to LD150

Right. So my old phone is a Samsung Android - no SIM and my new phone is an iPhone, has SIM. I am able to successfully send texts to anyone from my new iPhone but some replies from Androids are going to the old Samsung phone which doesn't even have a SIM. It's like the Samsung is sucking the Android texts over wifi. But not all. Ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.