You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Vertical black line on IPhone 11

Hello, I recently dropped my phone & about a quarter of the screen on the left side is now completely black. There's also some discoloration on the rest of the screen, but other than that it's not cracked & the touch screen works just fine. I wanted to know if it was an issue with the LCD display or something more serious. If I were to buy a replacement for the screen, would changing it help?

iPhone 11

Posted on May 17, 2021 8:21 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 17, 2021 8:43 AM

It's likely to just be the LCD.

Just be aware, if you attempt to fix the phone yourself or through a non-approved third party, there are a lot of potential things that could go wrong during the repair. This would leave you facing a much more expensive repair then the official repair would cost from Apple if you are out of warranty.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 17, 2021 8:43 AM in response to MarieEira

It's likely to just be the LCD.

Just be aware, if you attempt to fix the phone yourself or through a non-approved third party, there are a lot of potential things that could go wrong during the repair. This would leave you facing a much more expensive repair then the official repair would cost from Apple if you are out of warranty.

Vertical black line on IPhone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.