You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Silence unknown texters

Is there a way to silence unknown texters like we can do callers?

iPhone 12

Posted on May 14, 2021 7:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 14, 2021 8:39 AM

Yes, they seem to be iMessage. I have begun reporting them to Verizon, but since I started, they only seem to have increased in number. I also "block" them, but then then they change numbers, just as others have said. If I could just "silence unknown texters" I'd be happy. Thanks!

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 14, 2021 8:39 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Yes, they seem to be iMessage. I have begun reporting them to Verizon, but since I started, they only seem to have increased in number. I also "block" them, but then then they change numbers, just as others have said. If I could just "silence unknown texters" I'd be happy. Thanks!

May 14, 2021 8:01 AM in response to JJ-FHTN

Filter iMessage messages from unknown senders

Filtering messages from unknown senders turns off iMessage notifications from senders who aren’t in your contacts and sorts the messages into the Unknown Senders tab in the Messages list.

1. Go to Settings  > Messages.
  2. Turn on Filter Unknown Senders.
  3. Note: You canʼt open any links in a message from an unknown sender until you add the sender to your contacts or reply to the message.

Silence unknown texters

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.