You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store draining battery after iOS upgrade

Since updating to the latest iOS my battery drains very quickly. Full power to 10% in about 14hrs whereas before I could possible eak out 40hrs+.

I have not changed my usage or downloaded any more apps just iOS update.

Looking at the battery performance the main app that is draining power is App Store (approx 45%) but only 2m in the background (and I haven't used it). The other main apps are Audible (20% / 1:30) and Strava 17% / 1hr).

Conversing with Apple Support Chat they said 14hrs battery was about right (which I cannot believe based on my use and past experience). They also said I need to take it to a Apple Service Centre.

Before I do that or consider a full reset/restore: any ideas what is going on with the App Store draining my battery as I suspect that it is causing the issue.

Cheers

iPhone 8

Posted on May 12, 2021 12:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 12, 2021 12:43 PM

Have you restarted since update? Have you tried Forced Restart? Worth a try...

Force restart iPhone - Apple Support

Similar questions

5 replies

App Store draining battery after iOS upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.