You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud backup fail with "The last backup could not be completed because of poor network conditions"

Backup started to fail after upgrade to 14.5.

I tried all of the fixes listed in forums.

iPad Air 3 Wi-Fi

Posted on May 11, 2021 5:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 11, 2021 6:40 AM

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you're receiving a network related error when attempting to make a backup of your iPhone to iCloud. I would be happy to help point you towards a resolution.

The following support article provides relevant troubleshooting steps to try for this issue:

If iCloud Backup couldn’t be completed or you can’t restore - Apple Support

Consider connecting to a different Wi-Fi network if the error persists after trying those steps. While the following resource is for help when you can't connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi, it provides additional troubleshooting steps to troubleshoot your Wi-Fi connection as well:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 11, 2021 6:40 AM in response to Inthenameofgodaretheykidding

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you're receiving a network related error when attempting to make a backup of your iPhone to iCloud. I would be happy to help point you towards a resolution.

The following support article provides relevant troubleshooting steps to try for this issue:

If iCloud Backup couldn’t be completed or you can’t restore - Apple Support

Consider connecting to a different Wi-Fi network if the error persists after trying those steps. While the following resource is for help when you can't connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi, it provides additional troubleshooting steps to troubleshoot your Wi-Fi connection as well:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

May 13, 2021 10:48 AM in response to Inthenameofgodaretheykidding

None of my ios devices will backup to iCloud on my home network.

After doing a backup and restore via my Mac, on my iPad air, it still would not backup to iCloud.

While restoring iMovie on the iPad, I got a dialog that asked if I wanted to wait until I was connected to Wi-Fi to continue.

My iPad Air (A2316) is Wi-Fi only, and not tethered to a cell enabled device.

Conclusion: All my iOS devices (3 iPhones, 4 iPads think they are on a cellular connection when connected to my Wi-Fi.

My home network is AT&T fiber.

I passthrough the AT&T router to an Asus RT-AX88U with IPv6 enabled. (3.0.0.4.386_42820 Latest Firmware)

As a test I started a backup on my iPhone at the supermarket on their Wi-Fi.

The backup to iCloud completed with out issue. Same phone still will not backup at home.

iCloud backup fail with "The last backup could not be completed because of poor network conditions"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.