You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera Remote is not working

My daughter keeps getting the message that the "Apple watch couldn't reach your iPhone" when using the camera remote. The iPhone is right next to the watch, and I have tried restarting both (iPhone first). Nothing. Any thing else I can try? It is a series 6 watch.

Posted on May 6, 2021 4:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 6, 2021 9:34 PM

Is that happening every time, or only sporadically? If Camera app is closed on the iPhone, do you still get the prompt on the watch to open it?

If this happens all the time, I would suggest making sure both the iPhone and watch have got the latest updates installed. If the issue still persists, try unpair and re-pair the watch and iPhone again. That will bring back the factory settings, while keeping your apps and data intact. Start from here:

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 6, 2021 9:34 PM in response to torchlite

Is that happening every time, or only sporadically? If Camera app is closed on the iPhone, do you still get the prompt on the watch to open it?

If this happens all the time, I would suggest making sure both the iPhone and watch have got the latest updates installed. If the issue still persists, try unpair and re-pair the watch and iPhone again. That will bring back the factory settings, while keeping your apps and data intact. Start from here:

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

May 7, 2021 4:35 AM in response to torchlite

Yes sure. I actually have one more suggestion for you - try removing and then reinstalling the Camera Remote app.

You can remove it from the watch, either using the grid (press and hold) or list view (right swipe). To install it, open the Watch app on your iPhone, tap Discover and Explore Watch Apps. Search for "Camera Remote" and scroll down for the Utilities entry by Apple.

If that doesnt fix it, here is some additional detail of the backup that will be taken when you go thru the unpair and re-pair process. Almost everything is taken care automatically, but for security reasons Apple Pay will need to be set up again.

Back up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Camera Remote is not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.