You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change the name people see when I call them? (Caller ID Name)

How do I change the name people see when I call them. My caller ID, not my Apple ID.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on May 4, 2021 12:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 4, 2021 1:25 PM

I know that... but when I call somebody that does NOT have my number the name "Portage Northern Baseball" appears on their phone? I was a parent of the team and ran the social media but can't understand why my caller id comes up that way with some people. Unless coincidently a few obscure people saved my name in their phones as that.

10 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 4, 2021 1:25 PM in response to Community User

I know that... but when I call somebody that does NOT have my number the name "Portage Northern Baseball" appears on their phone? I was a parent of the team and ran the social media but can't understand why my caller id comes up that way with some people. Unless coincidently a few obscure people saved my name in their phones as that.

May 4, 2021 1:34 PM in response to SLATSVIDEO

The only other way you can change that is to contact your cell service carrier and see what they have on file for display. But if this is only happening with a few people that will not be the issue, it will be that they have a contact on their phone that lists you that way. They would have to change that on their device.

May 4, 2021 1:22 PM in response to SLATSVIDEO

It is they who receive your call who decides what name you come up with.

If you are in their Contactbook as "SLATSVIDEO" then that is the name they see. If your name is not in their contact book, then they will just see your phone number.

May 4, 2021 1:43 PM in response to SLATSVIDEO

I came up with something - are your phone number connected in some ways to Portage Northern Baseball? If yes, then it may be because those who have received calls from you have some sort of "Spam Call app" on their phone.

Ex. I have an app on my phone, if I receive a call from phone numbers registered in that app, then the name comes up. It is not necessarily SPAM, it can also be telemarketers, or shops etc.

It must be my best bet.

May 4, 2021 1:31 PM in response to SLATSVIDEO

I do not see other options. In any case, it is not possible to change the Caller ID that others see on their phones during normal calls. What is possible in 3rd party apps I do not know.

How do I change the name people see when I call them? (Caller ID Name)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.