You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cycling workout recorded but not registering as exercise - Apple Watch 5 iphone 12 pro

Hi -- All of my other workouts register as Exercise, but for some reason not outdoor cycling. I only cycle occasionally, mostly run, use rower and strength training. All of those workouts register as time exercising, but not cycling. In the workout info, it shows how long I cycled, the distance, heart rate, and the map, so I know GPS is working, as well as all of the other functions. But yesterday, for example, I cycled outdoors for an hour and 10 minutes, and the app showed that I had exercised for 5 minutes.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

William

Apple Watch Series 5, 7

Posted on May 3, 2021 1:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 3, 2021 1:29 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

May 3, 2021 1:48 PM in response to Community User

Interesting. That probably explains what's going on. My cycling workout was moderate, as I was with my wife and she prefers a leisurely ride. I still averaged 102 bpm heart rate, but with average speed of 7.4 mph.

Still doesn't seem right however, as some of my morning walks are pretty leisurely, average bpm under 100 for 25-30 minutes, but the workout still registers as exercise for most of the period. Why would it be different for cycling, I wonder?

Thanks for your input.

Cycling workout recorded but not registering as exercise - Apple Watch 5 iphone 12 pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.