You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone contacts

I have created the majority of my contacts from my iPhone. I have discovered that about half of my contacts are associated with my exchange email account. I not longer have this account and when I deleted it I lost all those contacts. I have restored my phone to get my contacts back, however, I am contently being prompted to enter my exchange email password (which I no longer have one).

I need to know if I can move contacts from one account to say, my ymail account or my icloud acct without re-entering each one that is somehow linked to the exchange acct.

Help please.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 23, 2021 9:29 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2021 10:12 PM

Contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

If Contacts on iCloud, try this --> Restore contacts, calendars, bookmarks and more using ...

1. How many Contacts account (email client server) you have?
  2. What is your default Contacts Account?
  3. Which email account you are using to store Contacts?

• See the GIF below for Contacts and Default Account

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 23, 2021 10:12 PM in response to Information-seeker

Contacts are neither stored locally on an iPhone nor in SIM. They are synced to an email account that you had Google, iCloud, AOL, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo or any Other

If Contacts on iCloud, try this --> Restore contacts, calendars, bookmarks and more using ...

1. How many Contacts account (email client server) you have?
  2. What is your default Contacts Account?
  3. Which email account you are using to store Contacts?

• See the GIF below for Contacts and Default Account

Apr 24, 2021 11:27 AM in response to SravanKrA

Good morning SravanKrA,

Thanks so much for reaching out to me. In desperation last night I logged into my icloud acct on my pc and started copying my exchange contacts manually into my icloud contacts so that when I deleted the exchange account I would have the contacts that were attached to that acct. I got about 25 contact in and decided to stop.

So to answer your questions:

1. 3 accts Icloud, Exchange and Ymail.
  2. Icloud is my default acct for contacts
  3. It shows that Im storing contact on both icoud and exchange, which of course answers my question of why this is happening.

So from here, I need to know the easiest way to transfer these exchange contact into my icloud contacts.

Thanks!

Maryann

IPhone contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.