You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Watch says to turn digital crown to unlock water but I haven’t had it in water. What do I do

My app Apple Watch says to turn digital crown to empty water it unlock and eject water. But I have not had my Apple Watch and water. What do I do?

Posted on Apr 23, 2021 1:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2021 1:58 PM

Go ahead and turn it (rapidly) anyway. That action can't hurt the watch.

How to use Water Lock and eject water from your Apple Watch - Apple Support

4 replies

May 6, 2021 5:01 AM in response to Ab1989-

I have this problem almost every time I put my Apple Watch in my pocket... even if it's just for a few minutes while I'm washing my hands. I never put my watch in water. EVER. Why does it ask to eject water that isn't there? Can dust also trigger the lock? I'm at a loss for words. I understand that unlocking it by turning the crown gets rid of it, but I would like to prevent this odd behaviour from happening in the first place. Any ideas?

My Apple Watch says to turn digital crown to unlock water but I haven’t had it in water. What do I do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.