You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Malfunction of sensor during call

I’m using iPhone 11 from last year and while I’m on a call the screen turns as it naturally does. But when I try to take off the phone during the call from my ear then the screen doesn’t turn on an I need to click the power button to make the screen turn on. During this If I press the power button again the call gets disconnected. This is the problem I’m facing with my iPhone 11

Couple of my friends also bought the same movie and are facing the same issue from long time.

Posted on Apr 21, 2021 3:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2021 11:13 AM

Hey there Anilsingupilla,

Thanks for giving that a try! If you've found the same issue persists even without the case, we recommend using this link to Contact Apple Support.

Take care.

3 replies

Apr 22, 2021 6:22 AM in response to Anilsingupilla

Hi Anilsingupilla,

Thanks for posting! As we understand it, your iPhone display isn't lighting up when you take it away from your ear while on a call. Is that right? We'll be happy to look into this!

Regarding the call disconnecting when you press the button twice, that is normal behavior. However, regarding the display not lighting up, there may be a few things you can try.

First, do you have a case on your iPhone? If so, try removing it, and then test; are you able to replicate the same issue with the display then? Let us know; this will help work out possible next steps. Be sure to include your iOS version, found under Settings > General > About.

Cheers.

Malfunction of sensor during call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.