You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Backup

My phone broke and I can't turn it on but the data is backed up on my IPad. I'm getting the 11 in a few days and since my iPad is 4th gen, it is still on iOS 10.I'm worried that it won't transfer the new stuff like the widgets I had on my iPhone home screen to my new phone. When you transfer data to a new device does it transfer data from the device of your choice or does it transfer the data from your most recent backup?

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 18, 2021 6:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 12:57 PM

Hello user1609hdhe,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're getting a new iPhone soon and are wanting to know if the data will transfer from your iPhone, which is not working, or your iPad. If you backed up your iPhone to iCloud or a computer, you should be able to use that data to set up your new iPhone. If not, you can use your iPad, but it will only transfer the data the iPad contains. Here's more information on locating backups, and transferring data to your new iPhone, just in case:

Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Thanks again, and take care.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 19, 2021 12:57 PM in response to user1609hdhe

Hello user1609hdhe,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're getting a new iPhone soon and are wanting to know if the data will transfer from your iPhone, which is not working, or your iPad. If you backed up your iPhone to iCloud or a computer, you should be able to use that data to set up your new iPhone. If not, you can use your iPad, but it will only transfer the data the iPad contains. Here's more information on locating backups, and transferring data to your new iPhone, just in case:

Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Thanks again, and take care.

iCloud Backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.