You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Braided loop strap

My Apple Watch braided loop strap, 4 months old, has stretched and become loose. I believe that it is faulty. Will Apple replace it?

Posted on Apr 18, 2021 3:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 26, 2021 9:47 AM

Just a follow up. I tried the trick of throwing it in the washer with a load I was washing in hot and then in the dryer on high. It's back to it's original size (exact same as the un-stretched strap when laid on each other. I'm not sure that counts as a solution but it's a short term fix for now.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 26, 2021 9:47 AM in response to una226

Just a follow up. I tried the trick of throwing it in the washer with a load I was washing in hot and then in the dryer on high. It's back to it's original size (exact same as the un-stretched strap when laid on each other. I'm not sure that counts as a solution but it's a short term fix for now.

May 24, 2021 3:36 PM in response to una226

Apple's reply has been to expect the strap to stretch, which I think is really a poor answer. That means you are supposed to order it so tight that it's uncomfortable in the beginning and wait 3-6 months (based on personal experience) for it to loosen up and fit properly or order the proper size knowing it won't fit well in 3-6 months.

I have two braided solo loops, one I wear most often and one occasionally. The most often worn one now has a noticeable difference in length when side by side just from taking it on and off, no excessive removing. I'm not sure there is a solution for this but it is annoying that for $100 the strap wears and doesn't fit properly in such a short amount of time.

That said I haven't had the issue with my rubber solo loop.

Braided loop strap

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.