You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Storage and Update

Within the last 6 months I got the Series 3 Apple Watch. Soon after I was prompted for an update where I did not at the time have enough space. I deleted every app, as well as all the music and photos I could. I still wasn’t able to update so I reset my watch to factory settings and it automatically updated at that point.

Now I am stuck in the same situation. There has been another update prompting me daily. I need 2.7 gigs and even after deleting everything I could, the max space I have available is 1.9 gigs. Surely I am doing something wrong because I don’t believe I would need to reset my watch every time an update comes out. Could someone let me know what I am doing wrong or give any advice? Thank you! I attached a photo of my usage below.

Apple Watch, watchOS 4

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 10:44 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 1:23 AM

Unpair your Apple Watch via the Watch app on your iPhone.

Then Re-pair your Apple Watch again,this usually frees up

enough storage space to update your watch.And without any loss of data.

Or this;

If you don’t have enough space to update your Apple Watch – Apple Support

1 reply

Apple Watch Storage and Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.