You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

using Zoom or webinar interaction on a Mac mini - plugging in external mic and web cam?

I have 2020 M1 Mac mini and want to participate in webinars and Zoom interactions. What do you suggest as basic equipment for me to get - web cam and mic?

Mac mini, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 5:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 11:10 AM

I bought the Logitech Pro Webcam C920 and it's phenomenal - incredibly clear, smooth video and decent built-in microphone for audio. I don't like the tinny M1 Mini built-in speaker, so an external speaker is recommended, too.

The Webcam only plugs in thru USB, and it's hard to find one that uses the 3.5 mm plug for audio.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 11, 2021 11:10 AM in response to madmac77

I bought the Logitech Pro Webcam C920 and it's phenomenal - incredibly clear, smooth video and decent built-in microphone for audio. I don't like the tinny M1 Mini built-in speaker, so an external speaker is recommended, too.

The Webcam only plugs in thru USB, and it's hard to find one that uses the 3.5 mm plug for audio.

using Zoom or webinar interaction on a Mac mini - plugging in external mic and web cam?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.