You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am I paying for storage and it’s saying I’m out of storage?

I am paying for 200gb of storage but my phone keeps saying I am out of storage can someone please explain ?

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 11:19 AM

2 replies

Apr 10, 2021 11:48 AM in response to daimyabutler

daimyabutler Said:

"Why am I paying for storage and it’s saying I’m out of storage?:bI am paying for 200gb of storage but my phone keeps saying I am out of storage can someone please explain ?"

-------

Upgrading Storage:

Internal storage is not upgradeable. However, you can increase your iCloud storage, and store items on that.

Links to Use:

Apr 10, 2021 11:31 AM in response to daimyabutler

As explained in the support document you posted from, iCloud Storage and your iPhone storage are 2 different things. Just because you pay for 200Gb of iCloud storage doe snot mean your iPhone suddenly has 200Gb of local capacity.

Your iPhone has a fixed amount of storage and cannot be changed. iCloud storage exists on an Apple server somewhere, and is for storing your iPhone backups and synced content such as Photos, Contacts, notes and files in the files App, but has no effect on your iPhone's local capacity.

Why am I paying for storage and it’s saying I’m out of storage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.