You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 11 will not stay connected to internet

I have tried all the straightforward solutions- turning wifi on and off, turning the phone 0ff, retstarting my router and resetting the internet connection on my phone- but suddenly ttoday I can no longer connect to the internet. When I turn on the phone the internet connection shows for a second or two but then goes off and I am stuck with 4 g.

any suggestions?

Many thanks

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 5:48 AM

4 replies

Apr 12, 2021 6:31 AM in response to fajansp

Hi there fajansp,

We're understanding you to say that your iPhone is able to connect to your Wi-Fi network with no issues, but then it shortly disconnects. You've taken great isolating steps and we appreciate you letting us know about them. We've got a few questions about what happens after. Are you able to reconnect by selecting the network from Settings > Wi-Fi? Does the network still show in Settings > Wi-Fi after it disconnects? Do any networks show in Settings > Wi-Fi? Have you had a chance to test this on any other Wi-Fi networks?

Are we working with iOS 14.4.2 on your iPhone? You'll be able to verify that in Settings > General > About.

We're eager to get these answers and continue working towards getting your iPhone connected.

Apr 12, 2021 6:41 AM in response to Sharon_419

Thanks for your message Sharon. That is indeed my ios version. What happens is that although I can connect and stay connected to the internet according to Settings, the phone does not connect. When I try tried to tourn off and on the phone nd when I reset the internet settings the internet symbol would light up for a second after connecting to wifi in settings but then would immediately switch to 4g and I would not be able to connect even thought in Settings WIFI showed it to be connected. This all happened after uprgading to 14.4.2.

The good news that earlier today I contact tech support of my internet provider and seller of the phone. After some efforts they did something to reinitialize the phone and presto- the internet is now connected and functioning- so far :)

Many thanks for your assistance!

Peter

iphone 11 will not stay connected to internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.