You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verizon store said my iPhone 11 Pro Max was not compatible with Verizon

Bogus field never used ?

should analytics show owners name ?

my iphone 11pro Max is listed 12,5 in analytics running 14.1.1 software updates

Verizon store told me my iPhone 11 pro Max was not compatible with Verizon !?!? But I said I bought my iPhone thru Apple store and they asked which carrier I said verizon!

I asked about initial setup having to go thru Apple servers ! As I am having issues with blank pages, no servers found under safari and Cellco dba Verizon as my carrier but I have never heard of Cellco and it is not on any billing also I have been given a static Public IP that is not secure , I asked about APN cause I have SIM card and MDM , he told me Apple devices are secure and can not be hacked and maybe u have some malware but I do not recommend using Malware bytes and for secure network you can buy our VPN for &18 month . I am 64 and have metastatic bone cancer and can’t trust my iPhone can not trust Verizon and can’t trust Apple to help me harden my security or do a thorough scan , I have already been victim of sim swap and some one trying to steal $179 thru thru a debit card I only have on my iPhone but Verizon stated it was not on there end luckily the credit union call d me .

I do not know what to do any suggestions and I do have Apple care

cathy

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 9, 2021 11:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 4:41 AM

Iphones do not need any VPN or any other security apps. Malwarebytes is ok for adware on Macs but no use on iphones.

Use the SIM that came with the phone, or your WiFi, connect to the internet and enjoy. That’s why you bought an iPhone after all.

Similar questions

9 replies

Apr 17, 2021 6:14 PM in response to cathyand80

You may have never heard of Cellco, but it is in a partnership with Verizon.

https://www.dnb.com/business-directory/company-profiles.cellco_partnership.b663108fa8b54105b59f36652d6139f0.html

You need to stop worrying about things that you don't need to worry about. And, it helps NOT to keep posting in different forums. It gets much too confusing for the people trying to help you.

Apr 21, 2021 12:48 PM in response to babowa

babowa wrote:

You may have never heard of Cellco, but it is in a partnership with Verizon.

Actually, it's not "in partnership" with Verizon, it is Verizon Wireless. When the merger that created Verizion Wireless was completed, they hadn't yet settled on a name, so they used "Cellco Partnership". "Verizon Wireless" is the "doing business as" (dba) name.

I worked for them at the time and, from the merger onwards, my paychecks and W2 forms said "Cellco Partnership".

Apr 21, 2021 1:11 PM in response to cathyand80

You did post in the iPhone forum here; but what is making things confusing is that you are repeating the same problems in several of your posts such as the analytics you are worried about. So, it is difficult to try to understand your problem.

For this particular problem I recommend that you contact Apple support - use the link in the upper right corner of this page.

I did explain the fact that Cellco is nothing to worry about.

Apr 22, 2021 6:23 AM in response to babowa

babowa wrote:

Thanks, I did not know that; I used to have Verizon, but did not know about this at the time.

Not the sort of thing you'd be likely to know unless you worked for them at the time or were in the industry.

The other funny thing about it is that they claimed that "Verizon" was a combination of "Veritas" and "Horizon". How weird is that? We surmised that they locked a bunch of people in a room and wouldn't let them out until they came up with something that sounded good and then made up a story.

Verizon store said my iPhone 11 Pro Max was not compatible with Verizon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.