You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M1 MacBook Pro cursor mouse not response

I found a problem Macbook Pro M1 cursor of mouse not response sometime

So I can click, restart 1-2 times my mac is normal

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 4, 2021 7:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 2:13 AM

Exactly the same problem I had this morning. The cursor is not visible but you can use it without seeing it. I've managed to click Restart button and it didn't response for 2-3 minutes. Then said "Messages app is not responding" (I don't use it at all) and after I force quit it the computer restarted and the problem is gone. Probably it will happen again. I bought this computer one week ago also experiencing with laggy UI animations. Is it only me or?

(Macbook 13 M1 - 8GB )

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 6, 2021 2:13 AM in response to Thomastop

Exactly the same problem I had this morning. The cursor is not visible but you can use it without seeing it. I've managed to click Restart button and it didn't response for 2-3 minutes. Then said "Messages app is not responding" (I don't use it at all) and after I force quit it the computer restarted and the problem is gone. Probably it will happen again. I bought this computer one week ago also experiencing with laggy UI animations. Is it only me or?

(Macbook 13 M1 - 8GB )

Apr 5, 2021 1:48 PM in response to Thomastop

Hi there Thomastop,

It sounds like the cursor for the trackpad on your MacBook Pro isn't responding as expected, and it begins working again after restarting a few times. We're glad you're here, and we can help.

To begin, work through the steps in this link:

If the pointer doesn’t move when using the trackpad with Mac

If that doesn't help, try resetting the NVRAM and let us know how it goes:

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

Take care.

M1 MacBook Pro cursor mouse not response

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.