You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Subscribe to Apple TV+ without Credit Card

Hi everyone,

I've recently bought an iPhone 12 Pro and subsequently received an email from Apple saying I've been offered a full year of Apple TV+ for free.

During the signup/verification process, I entered the details of my Visa Debit Card and the Apple site says they do not allow Debit cards for verificiation.

I do not have any form of Credit Card so is there any way around this?

Thankyou in advance for your time.

Cheers,

Sam

Posted on Apr 3, 2021 5:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2021 4:12 AM

Subscriptions need a payment method that can be charged periodically and automatically.

If none of your other payment methods are accepted, then consider using Apple ID account balance (store credit) for payments. To start a subscription that way, initially add the amount of one billing cycle to your balance. And top up if needed when you want to continue the service after the trial.

If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods - Apple Support

Add money to your Apple ID balance - Apple Support

Check your Apple ID balance - Apple Support

What you can buy with your Apple ID balance - Apple Support

Redeem the offer on your new Apple device, not on a different device, to qualify for the free year.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 4, 2021 4:12 AM in response to samgto1981

Subscriptions need a payment method that can be charged periodically and automatically.

If none of your other payment methods are accepted, then consider using Apple ID account balance (store credit) for payments. To start a subscription that way, initially add the amount of one billing cycle to your balance. And top up if needed when you want to continue the service after the trial.

If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods - Apple Support

Add money to your Apple ID balance - Apple Support

Check your Apple ID balance - Apple Support

What you can buy with your Apple ID balance - Apple Support

Redeem the offer on your new Apple device, not on a different device, to qualify for the free year.

Subscribe to Apple TV+ without Credit Card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.