You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

this is regarding water spilled on MacBook Air.

Water spilled on MacBook Air keyboard. The display and keyboard still work perfectly. We hooked up an external mouse and the mouse cursor works perfectly. The only damage we have found is to the trackpad not working. Given that the computer still works is it safe to say I can go ahead and get the trackpad fixed or replaced? I didn’t want to put in the money for the fix if down the road we have trouble with the MacBook.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 2:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 8:17 PM

Great question.

Anytime there is water damage to an electronic equipment, then some of the results of the damage are instant and some of the results may show up in the future. I know what you are asking however it is difficult to predict. The damage to your computer may just be limited to the Trackpad and no further damage may have occurred. Hard to tell.

I recommend that you have the MacBook Air examined at the Appel Store or at an Authorized Service Center and have them provide the best course to a resolution.

Axel F.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 26, 2021 8:17 PM in response to Lgmommy

Great question.

Anytime there is water damage to an electronic equipment, then some of the results of the damage are instant and some of the results may show up in the future. I know what you are asking however it is difficult to predict. The damage to your computer may just be limited to the Trackpad and no further damage may have occurred. Hard to tell.

I recommend that you have the MacBook Air examined at the Appel Store or at an Authorized Service Center and have them provide the best course to a resolution.

Axel F.

this is regarding water spilled on MacBook Air.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.