You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs imported from a CD not authorized

I imported the album "Rare" by Selena Gomez last year from a CD I purchased and everything was fine up until recently when I tried listening to it on my phone, as I always do, and it kept skipping songs. I tried removing the songs off of my iPhone and resyncing them, and found that I couldn't play the songs on iTunes on my computer, as it kept saying my computer was not authorized to play them. Even after logging in and reauthorizing, it would give me the same message and I couldn't play them. I don't have the CD anymore so I can't reimport them and I don't want to completely delete the files.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Mar 25, 2021 11:47 AM

2 replies

Mar 25, 2021 11:55 AM in response to bdimichele616

When I view the properties of the files that wont play, they contain a "License" tab that is not present in the properties of the other songs in the album that will play. This tab simply says "Windows does not have media usage rights information for this content. The program used to obtain the content might provide media usage rights information." I imported the entire album using iTunes and the songs played fine up until recently.

Mar 26, 2021 4:00 AM in response to bdimichele616

Repeated requests to authorize an already authorized computer for store downloads typically indicates you have corrupt or incomplete copies. Delete the tracks that won't play from your library without hiding from your purchase history. Redownload using the cloud links that should remain, or close iTunes and reopen if they don't show up straight away. While downloading click the activity widget and turn off the option that allows for simultaneous downloads.

Do you have either Apple Music or iTunes Match? Could you have matched/uploaded the CD to a cloud library, then redownloaded it? That could potentially lead to similar licencing issues with the downloads. Can you rerip the CD? iTunes doesn't add DRM protection to ripped songs. Windows Media Player once had that as a default option.

tt2

Songs imported from a CD not authorized

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.