You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing Contacts

For many years my wife and I had the same Apple ID. As you can imagine, that was a pain in the ^&* at times. She recently set up her own Apple ID. We did Family Share, and everything is great. One MAJOR problem. All our contacts are under my Apple ID.

How can I share all my/our contacts with her?

Thank you

Posted on Mar 24, 2021 6:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2021 8:54 AM

Hi McBigHead,

We understand that you're wanting your spouse to have access to all the contacts that are available in your Apple ID. You would first want to export the contacts from your iCloud account. The file that is created is a vCard which will be used to import the contacts to your wife's iCloud account. For steps on exporting contacts as a vCard, review this article: Export a contact as a vCard on iCloud.com. The steps will need to take place on a computer.

The vCard will download to the computer. Afterward, you would then be able to use that file to import the contacts to your wife's iCloud account by following the steps here: Import a contact on iCloud.com. Make sure your wife is signed into her iCloud account before importing the vCard. Once the contacts are imported, have your wife check Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Contacts, to make sure it is enabled. The contacts should be synced and your wife should now see the contacts.

Best wishes.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 25, 2021 8:54 AM in response to McBigHead

Hi McBigHead,

We understand that you're wanting your spouse to have access to all the contacts that are available in your Apple ID. You would first want to export the contacts from your iCloud account. The file that is created is a vCard which will be used to import the contacts to your wife's iCloud account. For steps on exporting contacts as a vCard, review this article: Export a contact as a vCard on iCloud.com. The steps will need to take place on a computer.

The vCard will download to the computer. Afterward, you would then be able to use that file to import the contacts to your wife's iCloud account by following the steps here: Import a contact on iCloud.com. Make sure your wife is signed into her iCloud account before importing the vCard. Once the contacts are imported, have your wife check Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Contacts, to make sure it is enabled. The contacts should be synced and your wife should now see the contacts.

Best wishes.

Sharing Contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.