You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't find mail when trying to retrieve from Time Machine

I am trying to retrieve accidentally deleted mail from Time Machine. I can enter Time Machine, but cannot see where to find the ail to retrieve it. I read some help pages that said to open Time Machine from Mail - but I can't do that - when I enter Time Machine it only shows me the Time Machine page and dates on left side bar?

iMac Pro

Posted on Mar 22, 2021 2:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2021 10:58 AM

Hello Ali M,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

If we understand your post correctly, you're trying to retrieve email from Time Machine but you're unable to see where to retrieve it.

Make sure that the Inbox in Apple Mail is open and selected before attempting to restore your information from Time Machine. You can find more information about restoring here: Restore items backed up with Time Machine on Mac

You can also restore files in Time Machine from Spotlight. Check out how here: Recover files using Time Machine and Spotlight on Mac

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 23, 2021 10:58 AM in response to Ali M

Hello Ali M,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

If we understand your post correctly, you're trying to retrieve email from Time Machine but you're unable to see where to retrieve it.

Make sure that the Inbox in Apple Mail is open and selected before attempting to restore your information from Time Machine. You can find more information about restoring here: Restore items backed up with Time Machine on Mac

You can also restore files in Time Machine from Spotlight. Check out how here: Recover files using Time Machine and Spotlight on Mac

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Can't find mail when trying to retrieve from Time Machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.