You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

heic to jpg

I noticed that my photos in Apple Photos are showing as .heic

I have no memory of being asked if I wanted this to be the file format either in Photos OR on iPhone.

I have already changed HOW photos are saved on the iPhone so I am ok going forward. However, I want to change ANY and ALL of my photos in my collection. Is there a way to Batch change the format right within the Photos program?

I did not even notice this until I had to send a photo to someone else and they replied that they could not open the photos. I had to convert one by one and then resend. Enough of that. Please advise...

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 22, 2021 1:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2021 1:17 PM

Using HEIF or HEVC media on Apple deviceshttps://support.apple.com/HT207022

"

Converting this media

You can convert HEIF and HEVC media by exporting to a different format from an Apple or third-party app. For example:

If you open an HEIF image in Photos or Preview on your Mac, you can choose File > Export, then choose a format such as JPEG or PNG before saving.

If you open an HEVC video in QuickTime Player on your Mac, you can choose File > Export As, then save to H.264 by making sure the HEVC checkbox isn’t selected.

"

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 22, 2021 1:17 PM in response to nitewalker

Using HEIF or HEVC media on Apple deviceshttps://support.apple.com/HT207022

"

Converting this media

You can convert HEIF and HEVC media by exporting to a different format from an Apple or third-party app. For example:

If you open an HEIF image in Photos or Preview on your Mac, you can choose File > Export, then choose a format such as JPEG or PNG before saving.

If you open an HEVC video in QuickTime Player on your Mac, you can choose File > Export As, then save to H.264 by making sure the HEVC checkbox isn’t selected.

"

heic to jpg

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.