You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unknown person using my email address

Just found out somebody is using my email address from iCloud.com to send spam. What should I do?

Posted on Mar 16, 2021 8:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2021 8:21 AM

Did you revealed credentials to access iCloud account , like password and if account is set up with secondary authentication in which three answers for security questions , rescue mail address and its password , date of birth , credit card details ( optional ) to another person .

Or the account is set up with two factor authentication , is your iPhone in possession with that person to get codes .

How do you knew that your account is compromised , in any case if you revealed the credentials change all of them see the article If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 16, 2021 8:21 AM in response to Puckdrop

Did you revealed credentials to access iCloud account , like password and if account is set up with secondary authentication in which three answers for security questions , rescue mail address and its password , date of birth , credit card details ( optional ) to another person .

Or the account is set up with two factor authentication , is your iPhone in possession with that person to get codes .

How do you knew that your account is compromised , in any case if you revealed the credentials change all of them see the article If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Mar 17, 2021 7:50 PM in response to Puckdrop

The email address can be known to other person , but to use that Apple ID if other account credentials are not known he can't access the www.icloud.com sending mails will be possible only when he has control over the account .

If you wish erase permanently the Apple ID address / account from apple server , consult apple support senior advisor and follow the article How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

Write down the alfa numeric code , and don't sign in with Apple ID or send mails from it up to 30 days , as erasing will start .

Mar 17, 2021 12:09 PM in response to Puckdrop

What I think is happening with my email address is a phishing scam. The person or persons are using my iCloud.com email address as a front, to friends who know me, to get them to click on a B.S. routing. What do you think? What do you think I should do about it?

Example: Friends are getting emails that appear to be sent by me because they say from (my iCloud.com address) but I had nothing to do with these messages.

Communication by legit people I want to contact or people who want to contact me through this email address works fine. I don't know what to do about it.

Unknown person using my email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.