You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync Music Video

I have music video and music concerts in Apple Music and these work fine on my Mac in the music app. I want to sync these to my iPhone, but I cannot sync music content as I use Apple Music. But as personal video doesn't upload to Apple Music I cannot see the video on my iPhone.

The only way around this is to make the music videos a Movie so that they appear in the TV app, then I can sync them as movies, but then I cannot sort by artist and they don't appear in the Music app.

Has syncing music videos been overlooked. I hope not since Apple is all about music & iTunes!

Posted on Mar 16, 2021 1:13 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Mar 16, 2021 7:52 PM in response to parmac

Hello parmac,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities about syncing a video with your iPhone. Thanks for also letting us know the details for what you attempted.

Can you AirDrop the video to your device or does that give the same results and saves it in the TV app? Use AirDrop on your Mac - Apple Support

"Make sure that your devices meet these requirements:

• Both devices are within 30 feet (9 meters) of each other and have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on.
  • Each Mac was introduced in 2012 or later (excluding the 2012 Mac Pro) and is using OS X Yosemite or later. To find out, choose Apple menu  > About This Mac. 
  • Each iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is using iOS 7 or later, with Personal Hotspot turned off."

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Mar 22, 2021 8:55 AM in response to Eric--F

I've found a workaround, not ideal, but it does the job.

I have Movies, TV & Home movies in the tv app (unmanaged), and can sync OK to my iPhone.

In the Music app I have Apple Music activated & I've added my own music video (managed), which I cannot sync.

So I drag the music video out of the Music app into the tv app under TV Shows and title as Music Video, which allows me to sync them to my iPhone.

Because the tv app is unmanaged, it doesn't create a copy of the video, it uses there same source file.

Mar 19, 2021 1:45 PM in response to Eric--F

Using Airdrop does copy the video to my iPhone, but its stored in the photo app, which also copies it to Apple Photo.

What's required is a way to sync music video to the music iPhone app, with tags for artist, genre etc. Music video's are visible in the Mac Music app, and should also appear in the iPhone Music app when sync'd.

Sync Music Video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.