You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrade

Hi there,

my girlfriend recently got me an iPhone 12 for my birthday and I like to know if I can upgrade from a 256g to a 500g

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 8:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2021 8:33 AM

If it was purchased at an Apple Store, there is a 14 day return policy to return it. If it was purchased somewhere else, you would need to see what their policy is. If it is past the 14 days, then you would have to sell it on your own and use the proceeds of the sale to purchase a newer device that meets your needs. You cannot simply do an exchange, since a 512GB device is more expensive than the 256GB.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 15, 2021 8:33 AM in response to mldsphotography

If it was purchased at an Apple Store, there is a 14 day return policy to return it. If it was purchased somewhere else, you would need to see what their policy is. If it is past the 14 days, then you would have to sell it on your own and use the proceeds of the sale to purchase a newer device that meets your needs. You cannot simply do an exchange, since a 512GB device is more expensive than the 256GB.

Upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.