You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Your iPhone is not waterproof

Hello,

a little bit of water got into my phone and now my phone won’t charge and it keeps coming up with a message about it not working. I have a iPhone 11 Pro and this is meant to be waterproof?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 13, 2021 4:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2021 4:49 PM

Apple never said any iPhone was waterproof. Here is what they actually said in the specs→https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-iphone/iphone-11 (scroll to the bottom)

iPhone 11 is splash, water and dust resistant and was tested under controlled laboratory conditions with a rating of IP68 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 2 meters up to 30 minutes). Splash, water and dust resistance are not permanent conditions and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Do not attempt to charge a wet iPhone; refer to the user guide for cleaning and drying instructions. Liquid damage not covered under warranty.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 13, 2021 4:49 PM in response to Zara_huss

Apple never said any iPhone was waterproof. Here is what they actually said in the specs→https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-iphone/iphone-11 (scroll to the bottom)

iPhone 11 is splash, water and dust resistant and was tested under controlled laboratory conditions with a rating of IP68 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 2 meters up to 30 minutes). Splash, water and dust resistance are not permanent conditions and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Do not attempt to charge a wet iPhone; refer to the user guide for cleaning and drying instructions. Liquid damage not covered under warranty.

Your iPhone is not waterproof

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.