You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad with projector TV and blue tooth speaker

How can I listen to my blue tooth speaker while plugged into my projector TV via a USB cable with my IPad with lightening connection ? Currently I can see the screen on my projector that is showing on my iPad and can hear the sound through the projector TV. However I would prefer the quality of sound from my blue tooth speaker instead of speaker on projector.

How do I make this happen?

Let me know;

Thanks

Sean

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Mar 13, 2021 8:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2021 8:47 AM

To my knowledge, since the audio and video output is sent from your iPad through the cable, there is no way to do what you want. You have a very old device, with an ancient iOS version. I'm not sure however, if even a newer iPad with the newer iPadOS will let you split the video and audio from cable video output while using Bluetooth speakers. It's possible AirPlay2 will accommodate this. But your device is not capable of running AirPlay2. And the device you're watching video on may not be AirPlay2 compatible.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 13, 2021 8:47 AM in response to Bobcatsam1

To my knowledge, since the audio and video output is sent from your iPad through the cable, there is no way to do what you want. You have a very old device, with an ancient iOS version. I'm not sure however, if even a newer iPad with the newer iPadOS will let you split the video and audio from cable video output while using Bluetooth speakers. It's possible AirPlay2 will accommodate this. But your device is not capable of running AirPlay2. And the device you're watching video on may not be AirPlay2 compatible.

Ipad with projector TV and blue tooth speaker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.