You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple tv

I wish to watch my purchased films on my tv, when my Apple TV subscription ends will I be unable to watch these films, I honestly don’t feel Apple TV+ is worth the monthly fee, but am more than happy to buy the content I want, without the need to stream from my Ipad, my 4K Sony tv is not supported for this or nor do I want to purchase an Apple TV box. I would love to know if I can still watch my purchases on the tv.

thank you

Andrew

Posted on Mar 13, 2021 7:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2021 9:51 AM

Apple TV Plus is a service for Apple originals. Those titles would be exclusive to the service and would no longer be accessible once you stop subscribing. However, if you have made purchases through the iTunes store those would still be available on any device that supports the TV app.

Apple TV app - Devices - Apple (CA)

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 13, 2021 9:51 AM in response to AndrewTyson

Apple TV Plus is a service for Apple originals. Those titles would be exclusive to the service and would no longer be accessible once you stop subscribing. However, if you have made purchases through the iTunes store those would still be available on any device that supports the TV app.

Apple TV app - Devices - Apple (CA)

Mar 13, 2021 7:51 AM in response to AndrewTyson

Your Sony TV probably supports Amazon Prime. This has a vast library of films for rental or purchase: you don't have to be a subscriber to the Amazo Prime service to use this, though if you are some of the films are free to rent. Rental and purchase prices are broadly similar to iTunes. The Amazon library is a lot bigger than iTunes, but on the other hand there's a lot of dross.

Apple tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.