You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 16 shuts down when put to sleep

I have a MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019), MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3

Every time I put the device to sleep it shuts down, when I turn it on it shows the error message "Your computed was restarted because of a problem"

This happens if I put it to sleep myself or if it goes to sleep after a while. To avoid this I completely turned off sleep mode when plugged in, but this is not a solution, I use it on battery quite often and sleep is essential when on the move.

This started happening ever since I got the device and I had it on High Sierra, so I assume MacOS version is not the issue. I also reinstalled it completely two times since I got it and this issue never dissapired.

What can I do to fix this?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 11, 2021 11:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2021 2:40 AM

Hi,

Resetting SMC could solve the issue.

How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

If it doesn't help, it's worth running Apple Diagnostics if your issue could be hardware related.

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

1 reply

Macbook Pro 16 shuts down when put to sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.