You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

text color palette box

I'm trying to change the colour of the font in fcpx using an rgb code. I'm clicking TEXT, then FACE. Then I'm clicking on the colour box to open the palette. When I have the palette box open I can manually change the RGB, but it won't change the colour of the text on my timeline. When I've watched youtube videos it changes the colour on the timeline automatically but it's not doing that for me, and I can't find a way to "set" the colour that I'm choosing. I'm probably doing something stupid but just can't figure it out.

If I don't click on the colour box to open the palette in a pop up window, the text colour will change,but I can't set the RBG code, which is what I want.

Thanks if anyone can help. Not sure I've made sense / explained properly.

Posted on Mar 10, 2021 3:28 AM

9 replies

Mar 10, 2021 5:20 AM in response to selah208

It does not seem to work correctly.

I just did a quick test and it is working on my mac.

As usual, when the application somehow misbehaves, one of the first things to try is deleting preferences.

To delete preferences, hold down command and option while starting FCP X and click Delete Preferences.

The application will start in a default state, and open an "Untitled" library.

Reopen the library you were working on, set the preferences the way you like them, and try again.

Hopefully that should help.

Also, I have to clarify my observation about selecting the text. The changes should apply to the whole text if nothing is selected.

If some of the text is selected, only the selected text should be affected. That is how you can have, for example, a word appear in a different color from the rest of the text.

text color palette box

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.